A chief medical officer is a member of the senior medical staff in a hospital, and is responsible for overseeing the daily operations and overall patient care within his or her specific department.
A chief medical officer job description requires a medical degree, many years of working in a hospital setting, and experience working in a managerial or authoritative capacity.
.Supervises physicians and nurses in his or her department.
•Oversees departmental patient care.
•Serves as liaison between physicians and hospital administration.
•Runs departmental staff meetings as necessary.
•Devises ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of department.
•Attends hospital board meetings.
•Brings concerns, requests, and problems to the hospital board as necessary.
•Manages budget for hospital department.
•Orders new hospital equipment, machinery, and supplies.
•Addresses concerns and requests posed by hospital staff.
•Assigns tasks to physicians, nurses, and hospital staff for review as necessary.
•Trains and advises new physicians on staff.
•Sees and treats patients.
•Ensures that all practices in the department adhere to hospital standards and code of medical ethics.
•Coordinates staff schedules.
•Oversees and staff’s partner clinics.
•Attends conferences to stay up-to-date on latest hospital technology.
.Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
•Possesses broad medical knowledge with specialized training in a particular field, such as cardiology or emergency care.
•Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
•Maintains professional but friendly demeanor.
•Possesses excellent listening skills.
•Manages time efficiently.
•Exhibits strong analytical and problem solving skills.
•Demonstrates familiarity with budget software and financial management.
•Possesses physical stamina necessary to work long hours on one’s feet.
•Possesses emotional strength required to deal with some anxiety producing situations in the hospital.
•Exhibits patience, empathy, and understanding with patients and staff.
•Is capable of translating medical jargon to layman’s terms for the benefit of patients and families.
Interested candidates should have;
* Degree in relevant field/discipline.
*Entry level as a NYSC certificate holder
*Master's Degree(MBA)is an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
• Qualified candidates should forward their detailed CV to:
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 09*********
• Candidates can also optional to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted